Product Development Manager
5th January 2024
Salary Commensurate with skills and experience + excellent benefits package- pension/profit related pay/free parking/shareholder bonus etc.
The primary purpose of the role is to lead product development in support of strategic growth plans, from idea and opportunity assessment to development work, scale up and production and market qualification.
- Assessing ideas and opportunities for new products, including deliverables, timescales, benefits, resource requirements and costs.
- Identifying and engaging with sources of information and expertise, including suppliers, consultants, test houses and academia, identifying where they can be useful in product development projects.
- Carrying out effective laboratory development tests to improve the right first time rate in trials and manufacturing.
- Planning and support trials on TR production equipment and at 3rd parties.
- Raise and support proposals for process and capital investments, developing the business case for change.
- Providing technical support to the business in areas such as specifications, material changes, customer complaints and operational problem solving.
This is a management role where expert consultancy to the business will be essential and will require working with the global Tullis Russell Group in China and South Korea.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline
- Ability to plan and manage research projects to achieve required outcomes
- Knowledge & industrial experience of chemistry, materials, coating, and associated processes
- Experience of problem-solving techniques
- Ability to gather complex information and propose routes to apply it to coating formulation.
Please apply in writing enclosing full CV to:
Mrs R Siddall HR Manager
Email to Ros.email@example.com